6.28.2013

refining & redefining

Instead of sharing my typical Friday link list, I thought I'd take today to share a bit of my rebranding process with you. Remember my excitement over this moodboard? Well, I had twice the reason to love it, since the project was for me! I decided to play the roles of client and designer -- I filled out my style worksheet, made a Pinterest board for inspiration, and then got to work brainstorming and sketching until I was in love with the whole look.

Now, for those of you who were familiar with the previous design, I'm sure you can see that I didn't make any drastic changes. In fact, I'd say the site got more of a facelift than a full-on makeover, but that's actually what I expected going in. My main goal was to hone in on the essence of my brand and aesthetic -- since the old look wasn't too far off, I knew I wouldn't be going in a completely different direction. Ultimately, I brought in a little more color and a little more personality into the logo/header, but the overall feeling is still clean and fresh, with a touch of handmade.

To go along with the new look, I'm planning on redefining my blogging. That is to say, I want to start bringing in more of my personal life and projects, whether it's more of my sketches, a recipe I tried, or whatever else I find myself doing. I haven't worked out all the details yet, but this does mean I won't be posting (almost) daily like I have been. On the other hand, this means less roundups and more unique content for you!

In other news, I probably won't be posting at all next week since I'll be in New Orleans, but I'm sure I'll be Instagram-ing up a storm, so be sure to check in with @amyzhangdesign for updates!

2 comments:

  1. Amy I think it looks great! I love the gold combined with the soft blues. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I decided to bring in some more color :)

      Delete