7.08.2013

snapshots | new orleans

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July! I am back from my whirlwind visit to New Orleans, and despite getting sick and not actually seeing any fireworks, I had a wonderful time with one of my very best friends. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at taking pictures, so the photos above are almost all of what I have of New Orleans -- my priority was clearly food! And there was so much good food. My favorites were definitely the crawfish boil from Cajun, the darling little pastries from Maple Street Patisserie, the breakfast options at Fat Hen...

Aside from all the eating, we strolled around the French Quarter, rode the St. Charles Streetcar, and popped into tons of cute shops on Magazine Street. New Orleans is one of the most unique cities I've been to -- it has such diverse history and culture, and you can really feel it shine through in the restaurants, the beautiful architecture, and, of course, the people. I definitely hope to visit again so I can experience more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment