8.15.2013

outside lands recap + some big news!





You guys. Outside Lands was crazy! So much fun, but so crazy. There were so many talented bands there, but my favorites were definitely Paul McCartney, Jurassic 5, Phoenix, and Vampire Weekend. Above are some moments from the weekend that I captured on Instagram -- take a look at my account for more (including some videos!). I had so much fun, although I was definitely hoarse, sunburnt, and completely exhausted by the end of day 3. Next time, I might have to spring for a VIP pas so I can spend more time sitting down!

As much fun as I had at the festival and visiting my friend in San Francisco, I've also had a lot of other stuff on my mind. I mentioned in my last post that I have some really exciting news to share, and I figure now is as good a time as any to do it. So, without further ado...

As you are probably aware, I am pursuing a career in graphic design. However, aside from one introductory class, I don't have any formal training in the field -- I actually earned my Bachelor's degree in English Literature! Now, I know that not all graphic designers have degrees in graphic design, but I personally feel like I want to gain that particular brand of knowledge and experience that only academia can provide. In other words, I'm a big nerd and I actually love school!

I've spent the past 4 or 5 months looking into design programs, building up my portfolio so that I'd have enough work to show, and finally, sending in applications. I am so very, very excited to announce that I've been accepted into the Savannah College of Art and Design and will begin working towards my MFA in Graphic Design this fall term! I am beyond ecstatic, albeit slightly nervous that I'll be moving cross-country in just a little over a week, ahh!

Needless to say, I won't be posting much (if at all, to be honest) since I'll be dealing with moving my life to Georgia... but I will update when I can! 

6 comments:

  1. SCAD is pretty amazing you will love it. The city, people and school. I have friends that went there but I went to art school in Chicago and Atlanta myself. I can not wait to hear more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I'm definitely nervous, but also soo excited :)

      Delete
  2. I am SO EXCITED for you, Amy! Congrats on getting accepted (although I'm not in the least bit surprised)! And good luck with moving so far so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congratulations! SCAD was my dream school back when I started high school. Savannah is such a gorgeous city and I'm sure you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so looking forward to getting started :)

      Delete