7.17.2013

crop tops & maxi skirts


Since I'm not particularly tall, l've always been hesitant when it comes to maxi skirts and dresses because I worry the length might make me look even shorter. But I do love the versatility of the look -- sophisticated, laid black, feminine, etc., and all with a flow-y boho vibe mixed in. I finally took the plunge a couple weeks ago and bought my first maxi dress, and even though I started very simple (like all-black-jersey simple), I'm already hooked. The key, as with most clothing, is to find the right style to fit your body.

The same concepts apply to maxi skirts, which I now definitely want to add to my wardrobe. As you can see from the outfits above, I also love the idea of pairing a maxi skirt with a crop top -- another tricky piece of clothing that I've slowly started to embrace. I think it's definitely important to find the right cut and length so that you're not showing too much skin, but with long skirts, I think a slightly shorter top creates a really nice balance. I think my personal favorite is the "classic" look -- which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment